Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Author Interview: Cat Patrick


So last week I posted my review of the absolutely amazing book Forgotten by Cat Patrick. Seriously, I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! Anyway today I have an interview with the lovely author Cat Patrick! I literally squealed with excitement when she said that she would do an interview with me! So here's the interview!

Where did the idea for Forgotten come from and what were some things that influenced your writing? 

I got the idea for FORGOTTEN when my twins were really little and I wasn't getting enough sleep. I forgot what I was doing in the middle of an activity. I wondered what it'd be like to have amnesia--particularly in high school. Then I thought, "but what if you could remember the future instead?" That's the day I started writing; FORGOTTEN was born.
Very cool! Who is your favorite character in Forgotten?
 
That's like asking me to choose between my children: I love them all, even the side characters!


I can imagine it would be hard to choose. Personally I like Luke Henry! In Forgotten London has the ability to see some of her future and because of this she sometimes tries to change it. Are there any moments in your past that you think you might have wanted to change if you could've seen the future like London?
It's easy to wish certain things never happened, but I really believe that everything we experience in our lives--bad or good--makes us who we are. So, I'd hold on to everything because that's what makes me...me.


Very true! I don't know if I would change anything about my past either.
Forgotten has been given a lot of different cover designs. Which one is your favorite?

I love all of the covers for different reasons. US is really bold--I can find it in the bookstore in a flash! Australia and France are both very surreal and pretty--they remind me of London's nicer memories of the future. I love the UK cover for the model's hair color and the windy setting; it looks the most like the setting in  my mind. Taiwan is very funky cool; Sweden is creepy beautiful; Russia is so completely unique! Honestly, they're all amazing.

I love all of them too though I have to say that France and Australia are my favorites. (You can see all the covers of Forgotten here.) Forgotten had a very open ending. Have you considered writing a sequel?

I considered it, but ultimately decided against it because I think the ending suits the story. Like London’s future, the ending isn’t set in stone; like London’s outlook, the ending is hopeful. I like that it isn’t tied up with a shiny red or any other color bow. Cause I’ve never really been a bow person. And when it comes down to it, I like that my book lets people go bow-less.
Awww that makes sense. I'm not really a bow person either. Do you have any fun writing quirks like needing to eat skittles during revisions or always wearing your pajamas? 
Hmm...well, I like it to be quiet--I can't listen to music--and I like to eat crunchy snacks when I'm trying to come up with something new because I think they wake up my brain.
Your new book Revived is coming out this May 2012. Could you tell us a little bit about it? 
Sure! REVIVED is the story of Daisy Appleby, a teen girl who's part of a secret government program to test a drug that brings you back from the dead. The drug is called Revive, and at the start of the book, Daisy dies and is Revived for the fifth time. With each death comes a new home, so Daisy moves to a new town, and with it come a friendship and a romantic relationship that make her understand the fragility of life. 
Wow that just sounds amazing! I'm definitely looking forward to reading it. 


Big thanks to Cat Patrick for doing the interview with me!!!

If you want to know more about Forgotten you can check out my review here. You can also add Cat Patricks new book Revived on GoodReads here.

Also be sure to check out her author website and blog!!!

Julia :)

2 comments:

  1. That was a great & interesting interview., Julia,
    Very professional.

    Happy Birthday tomorrow! Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...