Friday, November 4, 2011

The Books I Am Most Thankful For



Because of the awesome contest that Beth Revis is currently hosting I decided to write up a post of the books that I am most thankful for! Of course this isn't a comprehensive list of favorites or anything like that but each of these books definitely holds a special place in my heart. I wouldn't be who I am today without them. <3

I absolutely ADORE these books! I just finished reading through them for the 6th or 7th time (I've lost count...) and I never get tired of them. These books taught me that you don't have to be big and important to make a difference in the world. "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." :)


Who doesn't love the story of Anne of Green Gables? I grew up on this book/movie and I used to always would call my friend "kindred spirits". And isn't that the most magical cover of this book you have ever seen? I love it. <3



I really love every book in the Freddy the pig series, but I singled out this particular one because my sister and used to always listen to it on tape leading up to Christmas. I still check it out from the Library every year around Christmastime. These books are really special and if you haven't read one yet you should! They're magical.


The original sisters story! I love everything about this book. Well everything but Jo marrying Mr. Behr but that's another matter...


These stories are pure magic. I have so many good memories of them from my childhood. In the 3rd grade I think it was I was totally obsessed. Both my mother and my grandmother used to read these to me and my sister. They're brilliant and the movies don't do them any sort of justice.


One of the most amazing book series I have ever read and probably ever will read. There's so much awesome between these covers its astounding. Harry Potter proves that Love and Friendship always are able to conquer evil. Plus this series has Ron Weasley, Neville Longbottom, and the Weasley twins. 'Nuff said. :)



Quite possibly the first YA book that I ever read! This book really helped me when I was at a really horrible point in my life. I still have the notebook with quotes I wrote down to help me when I was in 7th grade!



No list of mine is complete without The Hunger Games Trilogy. I LOVE these books! Honestly, I might even love these more than The Lord of the Rings Trilogy... The characters, the story, everything in these books is phenomenal.

The Bible


And last but certainly not least of the books that I am most thankful for is the Bible. As a Christian this book is one of the single most important things in my life. It anchors me to Gods truth and it reminds me daily of his amazing love and sacrifice for me. I DEFINITELY wouldn't be who I am today without it. <3

What are some of the books that you are most thankful for?

Julia :)

3 comments:

  1. The Bible! Definitely at the top of my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got Harry Potter and Hunger Games in common ^^
    I'll probably say.. To Kill a Mokingbird, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Shadow of the Wind, The Help, The Realm of the Elderlings and a few others ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG someone else who loves the Freddy the Pig books! I also have LOTR and Narnia on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...