Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cover Comparisons [12]

Earlier this week they revealed the new UK covers of The Hunger Games. Apparently they decided they want to market the books towards a more mature audience so they changed the covers from this:


To this:


I don't know about you guys but I'm definitely digging this change! The original UK covers were... well admittedly not that great (just look at that awful version of Katniss....). I would have NEVER bought copies of those old covers. But these new covers I would totally buy! They are both eye catching and sophisticated! So this week I've decided to do a cover comparison between the new UK covers and the original US covers. I'm sure you've all seen the US covers but just in case you haven't here they are:


And now for the comparison!

New UK Covers: These new covers are AWESOME. The black background really makes the mockingjay symbols pop and I love the attention to detail and the coloring. Everything about these covers is simple but effective. 

US Covers: Awww yes the classic Hunger Games covers. There's not much more I can say other then that these covers are iconic and absolutely perfect for the books. 

So who wins? This is a really close call. I love both sets of covers and honestly I wouldn't mind having a set of each on my bookshelf but there must be a winner and I have to choose the US covers. Like I said: they're iconic. I can't argue with that!

Which covers of The Hunger Games do YOU like best? Be sure to vote in the poll below and sound off in the comments about why you made your decision!





Julia :)

7 comments:

  1. The U.K covers look so much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I really like the change from the old UK book covers to the new ones. I absolutely adore the original US covers, but I'm going to have to go with the new UK covers on this one! They're just so simple, yet just as iconic and represent the series. Plus, I really like the plain black background... it just seems less flashy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't decide! The new UK covers look amazing, but I still really like the designs of the U.S. covers. Actually, now that I think about it, I'd probably prefer to have a UK set on my shelf because they match more, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all indeed and I think that I will buy them all even if it will be a crazy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new UK covers! I haven't seen those before. WOAH. I want them! Okay, I'm drooling over book cover... :|

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the US ones the most, but I'm really glad to see that the UK covers made a change for the better - the simplicity of them is definitely nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...