Friday, October 21, 2011

Meeting A.S. King (or how I dragged my mother to a book event and she realized that YA isn't so bad after all!)

So last week I got to meet the totally amazing A.S. King at Changing Hands Bookstore!!! I was absolutely giddy with excitement. I LOVED Please Ignore Vera Dietz (story of my life people!) and I was looking forward to hearing all about her newest book Everybody Sees the Ants, and of course getting my copy of Vera Dietz signed!

Normally I head to these book events with just my awesome friend Cristian in tow but this time I decided to drag my mom along. She had heard me raving about this bookstore and so she wanted to see it for herself. My mom has always been a reader but she's fairly skeptical of YA lit. She thinks its mostly a waste of time. So imagine my surprise when shocker of all shockers she actually ended up LOVING A.S. King and her excerpts from Everybody Sees the Ants, profanity and all! This may or may not be attributed to the fact that A.S. King used to be an organic farmer in Ireland but that's besides the point.... My mom actually wanted to buy a copy of Everybody Sees the Ants and not only that but she is now telling my brother and cousin that they need to read it. Oh and did I mention that she keeps asking me how she can email A.S. King to ask her more questions about organic farming? Yeah, that's my mom for you. >.< I'm thinking I'll need to drag her along to more of these signings that way she realizes that YA literature is really quite AWESOMETASTIC!!!

So enough about my mom. Here's a picture with me and the lovely A.S. King!


I don't look like a creeper in this picture! YAY!!!!

I also got a some video footage of A.S. King, again for the Library Facebook page.





A.S. King totally ROCKS and I can't wait to get started on her new book Everybody Sees the Ants!

Julia :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...