Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cover Comparison [22]

Cover Comparison is back!!! This week we're examining the two different covers of The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Macker. Lets get this thing started!

                                             US Cover                      UK Cover

US Cover: It's actually pretty interesting because the US and UK covers are similar but at the same time polar opposites of each other. The US cover has a darker color scheme and it just seems like it's aimed at an older audience. It's an intriguing cover, but at the same time I think it could easily get glanced over in a bookstore because of the dark color scheme and lack of clarity in the images.

UK Cover: Wow this cover is so much brighter than the US one! I can definitely sense the younger vibe here from all the doodles and what not. I love the way the title just pops out at you and the color scheme is really eye catching! Plus the tagline is great. I wonder why they didn't they put that tagline on the US cover too? I think it's fascinating that they chose to use the same boy/girl image for both covers. I think it was used a bit better in the US cover just because its easier to notice the fuzziness of the image on the UK cover.

So who wins? This is a tough decision because I really like both covers! They're both great but for different reasons and I think it's pretty obvious that the two covers are going after a different audience the US one being an older audience and the UK one being a younger audience. That being said I have to call this one a tie! I like the maturity of the US cover but at the same time I love the "fun" quality of the UK cover. It just can't choose.

Which cover of The Future of Us is YOUR favorite? Be sure to vote in the poll below and sound off in the comments about why you made your decision!






If you have any suggestions for future cover comparisons leave them in the form below! :D





One last thing: It has come to my attention that some people have taken the liberty of doing their own Cover Comparisons. This is fantastic but if you do decide to do a Cover Comparison PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CREDIT ME. I know this might sound selfish and what not but I created this idea and the name and I just don't want people to steal it. It's like my baby. <3 So if you want to do your own Cover Comparison by all means do a Cover Comparison! Just PLEASE say something like "Cover Comparison was originated by Julia @ That Hapa Chick!" Thanks guys!

Julia :)

5 comments:

  1. I like the UK cover waaay better. I just like that it's so bright and colorful. The US one just looks so somber and serious. I'd pick up the UK before the US off the shelves in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the UK cover! The US cover looks bland to me, and too dark. I'd probably overlook it at the library or a book store. The UK cover really pops. It's funky and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the US cover because it gives you a feeling of techy-ness. And that F! That F definitely reminds us of facebook. The UK cover looks really retro and colorful and it doesn't give me the idea that this will be a novel about Internet/facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to choose the US cover .. It intrigues me much more than the UK's mostly because it's darker as you said :) !!
    Great post !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been searching to find a comfort or effective procedure to complete this process and I think this is the most suitable way to do it effectively.

    state employee cashless treatment scheme

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...