Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cover Comparison [25]

In just a few days (on February 28th to be exact) Veronica Roth's AMAZING dystopian novel Divergent is gonna be coming out in paperback and I thought what better way to celebrate than to do a cover comparison! So let's get this thing started.

                                               US Cover                    UK Cover

US Cover: I really, really love this cover! It's eye catching, dynamic and its got FIRE on it! I wish it was a bit more flashy in real life but even without any extra textures or sparkles this cover still stands out on a shelf! The tagline is awesome and I love the symbolism and the way it relates to the story. All in all a fantastic cover!

UK Cover: You guys may or may not know this but I am not a big fan of pink. It's just such a girly color and I am not a girly person. Now I know they tried to make this cover as gritty and non-girly as possible but it's still pink and therefore rubs me the wrong way. Plus it looks less like a dystopian and more like a paranormal. Oh and the teen angst vibe I'm getting from this is insane. I am just not a fan.

So who wins? I'm giving it to the US cover by a landslide. The pink hues of the UK cover don't even come close to comparing to it's epicness.

Which cover of Divergent do YOU like best? Be sure to vote in the poll below and sound off in the comments about why you made your decision!

If you have a suggestion for future cover comparisons feel free to leave them in this form.

Julia :)

6 comments:

  1. i don't understand why the uk cover has birds...i mean, maybe i missed something where birds were important, but i don't remember ANYTHING about birds....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing until I remembered that Tris got a tattoo of three birds after she joined the Dauntless. Seems like an awfully small detail to base the cover after though.

      Delete
  2. I love the colors of the UK one and I think it is a very visually pleasing cover, but it seems to me that it gives more of an impression of paranormal than dystopian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree, I love the US cover the best! I love the symbol and how it has the Chicago skyline in the background, so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get what you mean. Pink is just not my color. Also it DOES look like a paranormal not a dystopian. I like the US cover much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually really like both covers for once, but my vote has to go to the US cover. I've always thought that fiery symbol was kind of an icon for Divergent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...