Thursday, November 4, 2010

Book Blogger Hop [2] and Follow Friday [2]

Its time for the weekly Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy For Books and Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee!






Book Blogger Hop


The Book Blogger Hop is an opportunity to connect with other book bloggers, to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!  It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! Want to join the Hop? Head on over to Crazy For Books and start hopping!

What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?

I want people to follow me because they really read and enjoy what I write. If a person loses interest in what I have to say, or they don't even bother reading my posts then I don't mind if they stop following me. I would rather have less followers, all of whom love to read my blog, then lots of followers, with only a some of them really reading my blog. 

As of yet I have not stopped following a blog. I try to only follow a blog if I think that I will really read it. I don't think its fair to someone if I follow them but never intend to actually look at their content. 




Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee

Who are your favorite authors?

I love, LOVE, LOVE, J.R.R. Tolkien!!! He is my favorite author ever. I just love all of his books. Amazing stuff right there. Other authors that I enjoy are Cornelia Funke, Sarah Dessen, John Green, and Suzanne Collins.

If your a new follower be sure to post a link to your blog in the comments section. I would love to follow you back! 

 

Oh and be sure to take the time and vote in the poll for the next book I will read! Its on the left side bar. Thanks peeps!

 Julia :)

14 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I'm just stopping by on the Blog Hop.
    I read a few of your reviews and they're completely awesome! I can sense that my "To Be Read" list will lengthen.
    Feel free to stop by any time!
    http://judesenglish10.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Hop day! Good for you to only follow those you're interested in (& to not be bothered when people leave)! Your blog looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to say hi. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read more of your reviews. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, just hopping on by! I'm a new follower :) It's so cool that you're half-Chinese because I am as well. Asians for the win :)

    Izzy @ My Words Ate Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya! New follower hopping on by :-) Have a great weekend!

    Darkeva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm a new follower here:) I see you're reading I am Number Four, I've heard such good things about that book but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I'll be looking for your review! Have a great weekend:)

    Jenny of Supernatural Snark
    www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there...thanks for the follow and Im your new follow as well....:) I love the clouds on your blog, makes me think of summer!!!

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you at the hop! I saw "Sisters Grimm" on your Book Pile, and knew I'd like you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. I'm a new follower. I need to try reading Tolkien again. I think I'd like him better this time, now that I'm older.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
    turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
    performance.

    On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
    such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
    over-the-top way.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to have found you via the Hop and FF. I'm your newest follower! I voted in your poll, too. Am I the only one that loves Michael Grant? Boo! I haven't read the Nancy Werlin book, but I have read LIES. Love that series!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, just hopping on by! I totally feel the same way about followers. Also the Hunger Games is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Julia! Thanks for dropping by my blog. :) Love your blog it's so colorful. :)

    Cheers!

    -Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...