Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Book Review: Scorpia Rising


In his time as a British spy, Alex Rider has taken on countless enemies. While he's never come away unscathed, he's always completed his missions. But there is one enemy that just won't stay down, the terrorist organization that murdered his parents and forever changed Alex's life: Scorpia.

Back and more powerful than ever, Scorpia has its sights set on the turbulent Middle East, and Alex must risk his life in one of the most volatile regions in the world. His mission? Put Scorpia out of business. 

Permanently.

But this may be the one mission Alex won't be coming home from....


In a Nutshell: Scorpia Rising is the 9th and final book in the Alex Rider series. Its action packed, fast paced, and a great end to a great series.

Putdownability Factor: Pretty low. What do you expect from an Alex Rider novel?

Cover Love: Its generic Alex Rider. I don't know if I would pick it up unless I knew about the series but it fits in with the rest of the Alex Rider books perfectly.

Why did I pick up this book? Because its Alex Rider! Haha.

My Thoughts

Scorpia Rising is Alex Rider's last mission. *sniff sniff* I'll admit it, I'm a little sad about this. I love the Alex Rider books. They're just so badass. Out of all the spy books I've read, these are definitely the best. That being said, Scorpia Rising is definitely a great end to a great series.

This book is almost non-stop action. I should have made a "how many times does Alex Rider gets shot at and doesn't die" tally chart because seriously its kind of ridiculous how "bullet proof" this kid is. Believability aside all the action is just plain awesome.

If you've read an Alex Rider book before then you know how awesome Smither's is. Well he totally gets even more awesome in this book. This can be proven with this quote:

"Shame this isn't England or I could have had them with my exploding gnomes."

Yep, that is pretty awesome. Where can I get myself an exploding gnome?

I think Anthony Horowitz did a great job of wrapping up the series. Everything was tied together perfectly and there weren't any annoying unexplained details to the story that some other series can have. I also liked the way Scorpia Rising tapped into a more emotional aspect than some of the other Alex Rider books. Overall this book is a solid 4 out of 5 ice cream cones.


Who would I recommend this book to? Any preteen/teenager who loves spies, or action packed novels. Especially boys who are reluctant readers. Just make sure to read the rest of the series first!

Julia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...