Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm doing a READ-A-THON!!! :D



Hey folks!

How are we all doing today? Good? Good! I'm a little hyper right now. I ate a pastry like thing for breakfast this morning so I'm high on sugar. Hehe. Anyway on to business. I'm doing a read-a-thon!!!! :D

I've never done a read-a-thon before. Well not an official read-a-thon. There was that time in 8th grade where I read all day for like 2 weeks straight to finish The Series of Unfortunate Events in time for the final books release..... But that doesn't count. :P So the wonderful Enna Isilee of Squeaky Books is hosting the Spring Into Summer Read-A-Thon! Its super ingenious since summer is like THE BEST time to read right? So much free time to just sit in bed and read! The read-a-thon is from June 17-18. Its a weekend so even people who work have no excuse not to participate. :P I'm going to be doing both days. I'm gonna read, READ, READ and hopefully get through some of the books that have been sitting around for ages. Haha.

Other than reading there are also going to be lots of mini challenges and giveaways! WHO DOESN'T LOVE FREE BOOKS?!?! In fact just for signing up you can get entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card. GO SIGN UP RIGHT NOW!!! Oh and be sure to say that Julia @ That Hapa Chick sent you! It gives me extra entries. :P

On to making my goal for this read-a-thon. Honestly I don't know exactly how this is going to go down because I might have to help my aunt and uncle with the kids on that day. But I'm supposed to have weekends off so hopefully I can just crash in my room. Anyway here goes nothing.

My goal:

I plan to participate on: Friday and Saturday
I plan to read: Hmmm good question. How long is this? Oh right 36 hours..... Hopefully around 5 books. But they might be long so maybe less....I hope to read: Incarceron by Catherine Fisher, City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, Its Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini, Feed by M.T. Anderson, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson, Drought by Pam Bachorz, Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard, Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. (not all of these but some combination of them.)

Well, have you signed up yet? DO IT NOW!


I'm excited! The only problem with this is then you have like a million reviews to write. Haha.

Julia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...