Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cover Comparisons [1]

I was going around the blogosphere the other day and I stumbled across the UK cover of The Maze Runner. I totally did a double take because I had never seen it before and gosh darn it, it's pretty badass! I like the US cover for The Maze Runner but I think I may just like the UK cover better. Of course then I had to see if there was a different cover for The Scorch Trials and it was pretty awesome too! Take a look:

                         US Cover                    UK Cover

                         US Cover                   UK Cover

US Covers: I love the fact that they kept the covers simple but also intriguing. They've also got a certain feel to them that is modern and primitive all at the same time. The best part about these covers is that they go together really well, and they help give you an idea of what the Maze and the Scorch look like.

UK Covers: The best thing about these covers? The tagline hands down! Why didn't they use that on the US covers? I really like the UK cover for The Maze Runner, but I'm not as huge of a fan of their cover for The Scorch Trials. The color scheme is just too much like a sunset. But I absolutely LOVE the Maze Runner cover. It captured the epicness of that book perfectly. It practically buzzes with excitement! The thing I like about both covers is that having the black background really makes the titles pop. And they both go together well so I can't really fault them there. I just wish they had only done orange/yellow for The Scorch Trials color scheme instead of incorporating pink and purple. Like I said, too much like a sunset. :P

So who wins? This one is REALLY close. I like the UK Maze Runner cover better than the US one, but I like the Scorch Trials US cover better than the UK. I guess I have to give it to the US covers. They're atmospheric feel has won me over. However I would love to own both sets of the books. I'm such a book nerd. >.<

Be sure to vote in the poll below to let me know which cover versions you think are best!





I think this may be a new feature that I post on the blog every once in a blue moon. What do you guys think? Keep it? Sack it?

Julia :)

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post idea, I hope you do more cover comparisons...or I may steal the idea mwahaha. But no really this is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I LOVE the UK covers. They are just so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UK! bold, striking, awesome :) totally boy friendly too (well, both of them are)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...