Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cover Comparisons [14]

This past week Daisy Whitney revealed new cover designs for her books The Mockingbirds and The Rivals! I'm really loving the contrast between these two sets of covers. Let the cover comparison begin!

       Original Covers
                                                   
New Covers

 Original Covers: While I liked these covers its almost like something is missing from them. They just don't have an "it" factor. They're good but not great. I do love that they match though!

New Covers: I'm gonna say it right now: These are total hipster covers! Photo booth photos? Check. Cursive handwriting font? Check. Bright red vintagesque lipstick? Check. Messy bedhead hair? Check. Yep, so hipster. I love it though! Sometimes hipster covers look cheesy but these aren't and they're really fitting for the books.

So who wins? I'm giving it to the new hipster covers! They have a sort of mysterious intrigue to them much like the books themselves and they look really classy! I still like the old covers but they just don't have the same "cool" factor that the new covers have. 

Which covers of The Mockingbirds and The Rivals do YOU like best? Be sure to vote in the poll below and sound off in the comments about why you made your decision!





Julia :)

5 comments:

  1. I don't know. I like the new covers, but I'm thinking I like the old covers much better. I love the color and the simplicity of the originals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so sure. I don't really like the new covers as much. I really like the old ones better. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new covers more on cover alone, but they don't seem to fit the story. I haven't read Rivals yet, but I think the new cover for The Mockingbirds is great but doesn't really go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are they getting new covers? Is Rivals already out, Julia? Paperback version? I want to read them! Let me know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite like the new covers as well. I LOVE that font.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...