Sunday, October 30, 2011

Favorite Creeptastic Reads!

I've been wanting to do a post highlighting my favorite creepy reads for awhile now and its Halloween season so I would say this is the perfect time wouldn't you? So here is a list of some of my favorite creepy/mysterious/scary reads!

This book came out a few years back and when I read it I really enjoyed it. A slightly creepy summer carnival? People go missing? POSSIBLE MURDER?!?! So good!

I'm guessing this book would be on everyone's creepy book list. The cover alone just screams creepy! This one has some great paranormal frights. I've read scarier but it definitely kept me up at night!

All Unquiet Things is not half as creepy as some of the other books on this list but it deserves to be here because:

1. I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH!
2. Its a mystery. And a good one at that!

Who said a book had to be super scary to win a spot on my favorite creepy reads list?

 I read this recently and it actually really surprised me with how creepy/scary it was! Don't be fooled by its pretty peach exterior because this book will give you serious chills!

Not scary persay, but anyone who has read Imaginary Girls knows how eerie and chilling it is!

These are some of the only mangas I've ever read (manga lovers don't hate me!!!) and they are amazing! Talk about scary mystery stories. I would always swear to myself I wouldn't read these at night because they freaked me out too much but then I would anyway. What can I say? Its fun to be scared sometimes. :)

Two things went wrong with this book for me: 

1. I listened to it on tape. There was creepy music. IT FREAKED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!
2. I listened to this at night. Such a bad idea.... >.<

I wouldn't say this book is a favorite of mine (in fact far from it) but it's worth a mention because its just so dang scary. Just thinking about it is scaring me... *shudder*

This is one creepy book! Of course you probably already knew that from looking at the bloody cover.... I'm pretty sure I hid this book from my mother when I read it because I didn't think she would approve of its freakiness..... >.<

Finally here are some books that I haven't read but have heard are really creepy:
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

So those are my favorite creeptastic reads! Or at least the ones I can think of right now.... Does anyone have any other good creepy book suggestions for me?

Julia :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, great picks! The Marbury Lens is definitely a chilling read and Imaginary Girls was creepy as well! Some other eerie reads you might like are The Last Apprentice Series by Joseph Delaney, After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel, and Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick (even though this one is post-apocalyptic it's absolutely frightening!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always see Choker at Books-A-Million, I considered getting it last week but I hadn't heard much about it.

    I really want to read Imaginary Girls !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...