Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cover Comparison [20]

The cover of Cryers Cross by Lisa McMann recently got a paperback makeover so I've decided to do a cover comparison for it! I mentioned this new cover in last weeks post about sexy YA covers so you might already know how I feel about it but I decided to do a cover comparison anyway because I'm curious to know what you guys think of it!

                                          Original Cover         Paperback Cover

Original Cover: SO MUCH CREEPINESS!!!! But that's what makes this cover so perfect. It gives off a great eerie/scary vibe and it captures the essence of the story exactly. This is definitely one of my favorite covers of 2011!

Paperback Cover: If you read my post on sexy YA covers then you know where I stand on this one. I'm just not a fan. This cover makes Cryer's Cross look like some sort of paranormal romance when it totally isn't. I just don't see why they thought the original cover needed a redesign! *sigh*

So who wins: The clear winner (for me at least) is the original cover. Its so perfectly creepy and unique. It definitely stands out from the crowd! The paperback cover just can't measure up to the awesomeness of the original.

Which cover of Cryer's Cross is YOUR favorite? Be sure to vote in the poll below and sound off in the comments about why you made your decision!







Julia :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I don't know what they were thinking. The original cover was perfect for this book, those that read it will know why ;) It really captures the creepiness of the book. I think that those responsible for the new cover probably haven't even read the book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...