Sunday, January 23, 2011

In My Mailbox [8] (in which I totally caved and checked out a million things from the Library)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted over at the lovely blog The Story Siren. The point is to blog about books that you have somehow procured during the week!

So I went on vacation for about three weeks and during that time I managed to get my TBR pile down to like 8 books. I know still alot but for me it was a revelation. Hehe. Then I came back from vacation and I thought I would reward myself (because I had read so much!) by checking out a few more books. Lets just say I got a little carried away.... Hehe.

Library


  • City of Bones by Cassandra Clare                             
  • The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting                      
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban                 
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
  • Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder                                  
  • Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler                                 
  • Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala                             
  • LuLu and the Brontosaurus by Judith Viorst             
  • XVI by Julia Karr                                                      

City of Bones
I've heard a lot of good things about this series so I've been interested in picking it up for awhile now. Then when I heard about the whole Alex Pettyfer getting possibly cast as Jace thing I pretty much freaked out and decided to check out the first book! Yes, I am just that lame. :P

The Body Finder
I've seen several reviews of this one and it just sounds SO GOOD. Mystery, suspense, and alternate narration??? My kind of book. :)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
I am currently reading the Harry Potter series for the first time as part of the January Potter-Thon being hosted by Pure Imagination. Yes, you read that correctly. THE FIRST TIME. I know, insane. I'm loving them series so far!

Inside Out
At first the somewhat vague premise of this book made me gloss it over. But then I read a few reviews and it actually sounds really interesting. I still don't really get what exactly its about but its a dystopian and I LOVE dystopian so hopefully it will be an enjoyable read.

Fixing Delilah 
I got this one for The Contemps challenge I'm doing! So far I've read 4 books towards my goal of 18. This will be my 5th. I haven't read anything by Sarah Ockler before. I've read mixed reviews so I don't really know if I'll end up liking it or not. We'll see I guess!

Tell Me a Secret
At first this books cover totally made my "ewww romance novel!" alarm go off. But then a friend of mine posted about how amazing the book was and then I actually bothered to read the books summary and watch the book trailer and I realized the book sounded REALLY GOOD! I can't wait to read this one.

LuLu and the Brontosaurus
This one I have no good excuse for other than the fact that I was walking past the new middle grade books section at my Library and the amazing cover caught my eye and I just couldn't resist. Hehe. I mean a little girl (who actually kind of looks like me when I was little!) with an adorable dinosaur? Whats not to love?

XVI
I've been pretty excited about this one for awhile now. Its a new dystopian that just came out and the premise is super intriguing. For some reason life expectancy is at an all time low and girls have to get married once they turn 16 so that they can procreate and keep the world populized. Certainly an interesting concept! I'm excited to see how this turns out!

Gifted

  • Zooborns: The newest, cutest animals from the world's zoos and aquariums by Andrew Bleiman and Chris Eastland
My best friend gave me this ADORABLE book for my birthday all about zoo animal babies!!! Its seriously the cutest thing you've ever seen. I especially like the pygmy hippos. If you've never seen a baby pygmy hippo go Google it right now! They are SO CUTE!

Bought

  • The Complete Wreck by Lemony Snicket
I already own The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket but I didn't have the cool slipcover so I bought the set on eBay JUST to get the slipcover. Ridiculous I know but it was a really good deal so I can kind of rationalize it!!! :P 

So that's what I got "In My Mailbox" this week! What did you guys get?

Julia :)

    13 comments:

    1. I love getting books from my library! I go there way too much! Great books! :)

      My IMM is here: The Reading Housewives

      ReplyDelete
    2. Haha, well, 8 books isn't so bad! My TBR list has... umm... *shift eyes* 400 books. Well, 407 to be exact. Oops?

      ReplyDelete
    3. There's loads of great books there :D Especially Inside Out - it's one of my favourites - along with City of Bones!

      8 books?! Wow! My TBR pile has at least 150 books and that's just the ones I've bought!

      Have a great week, and enjoy!

      ReplyDelete
    4. great books! and yay for finally reading City of Bones! I LOVE that series! hope you do too! enjoy all of your books! happy reading!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Great titles this week. The Body Finder sounds fantastic. Enjoys all of your goodies!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Ooh, Goblet of Fire definitely one of the best HP books (hope you enjoy it).
      City of Bonesa is really good.
      Happy reading. ^_^

      ReplyDelete
    7. You got a lot of great books! City of Bones was amazing :):)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Oooh. XVI seems to be a popular choice at the moment. I'm still waiting to get my copy. Happy reading :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Haha well I have a GINORMOUS list of books that I want to read. But I only check out some at a time and I call THOSE ones my TBR pile. So if you added all the books I'm actually interested in? Haha yeah it would be huge.... XD

      ReplyDelete
    10. Fixing Delilah looks really good. Hope you enjoy your book haul!
      -Danna
      http://friendlyreaderohyeah.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    11. Julia, you are not alone, I'm reading Harry Potter for the first time as well. I just read the first one (I gave it 5 stars) and I'm about to start the second one this week.

      Happy reading!
      Rochelle @ Books Like Stars

      ReplyDelete
    12. I think you'll really like Tell Me a Secret!

      ReplyDelete
    13. I absolutely love the Harry Potter books , I really want to read The Body Finder and City of Bones.

      MY IMM

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...