Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Words Wednesday [13]


A chance for me to highlight some of my favorite book quotes! This week's quote is from Millicent Min, Girl Genius by Lisa Yee.


"What my parents kept failing to understand was how happy I was when I was alone with my books. There was no pressure to perform or be cute, and books never disappoint-- unless, of course, you've chosen a bad one. But then, you can always put it down and pick up another one without any repercussions." 

I feel the same way about books. Books don't judge you or talk back to you. They let you escape into another world for awhile. And if you don't like the book you're reading there are millions of others to choose from! Books make great friends. Of course if you start talking to your books and ignoring the real people in your life then I would get a bit worried.....

I LOVE Millicent Min, Girl Genius! Mostly because I connect with all of the super hilarious Asian jokes. Pretty much any book by an Asian author has some sort of Asian inside joke in it which I find amazingly wonderful. Asian authors for the win! 

Julia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...