Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's Dystopian Book Month!!!! (for me at least)

Soooo if you know me well then you know that I have recently been exposed to the amazing Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. If you haven't read these books yet you need to. RIGHT NOW. Seriously get off your computer, drive to the nearest book acquiring place, and be prepared for 3 sleepless days of epicness. Yes they are that good. :)

Anyway after I finished the trilogy I decided to get some reading material that had a similar feel to it. Namely books based in a dystopian future. In case you don't know a dystopian future means that some sort of natural disaster, world war, or some other crazy event (zombie apocalypse anyone?) has caused life as we know it to cease existence. The world is a harsher, crueler, more dangerous place. And this makes for some interesting stories. So right now I have a bunch of books piling up all relating to this topic. As you can see to the left the one I am currently reading is The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan. It is the companion to Ryan's first novel The Forest of Hands and Teeth, which I just finished reading. I will be posting a review of that book shortly! Anyway because I am reading all of these dystopian books I decided to make it dystopian book month! Haha. :) I will be reading and reviewing dystopian novels all month long. I have also added on the left a list of my favorite dystopian books in no particular order. Okay that isn't entirely true because I did make sure The Hunger Games Trilogy was at the top but thats besides the point..... All of these books are unique and are definitely worth checking out. Oh and I promise! NO VAMPIRES!!!!!!

Julia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...