Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Hunger Games Pumpkin Carving

Happy Halloween everybody! I hope that your holiday is going well so far and that it will continue to be awesome and full of candy. :)

Its no secret that I am a HUGE fan of Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games Trilogy. So yesterday evening I carved a Hunger Games jack o' lantern! Its a mockingjay design like Katniss' pin. You can download a free design template for it here. I actually had to redraw the design because when it printed off of my computer it was a bit too small. But it was totally worth it. Here's the finished product:


I am really pleased with it! Honestly it turned out a lot better than I thought it would. Here is a picture of the template that I drew myself (based on the one in the link above).


Has anyone else made some awesome jack o'lanterns this year?

Oh and I thought I would post this hilarious picture because its Halloween related. I took it at my local Michaels store. Whoever did the decorations there is my hero! Haha. Sorry to all you Twilight fans out there but I just couldn't resist.


Hope your Halloween is splendiferous!

Julia :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pumpkin! I'm a fan of the Twilight books and still find the grave stone amazingly funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There. I found your weblog the use of msn. That is
    a very neatly written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.
    Here is my web-site - local business marketing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...