Monday, November 1, 2010

Kawaii Monday: Amigurumi


This weeks Kawaii Monday feature is amigurumi! What? You don't know what amigurumi are? Well you are about to find out! Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting/crocheting adorable stuffed toys! My favorite amigurumi book is Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet by Ana Paula Rimoli.


It is full of patterns for a wide range of amigurumi including a tea set, lots of little animals and even a cactus! Not only are the amigurumi super adorable but they are actually fairly easy to make. Although I will admit that I've only ever made one. It's a bunny rabbit. I kind of did a poor job of it...... My crochet skills are a little rusty. But anyway if, like me, you don't have a lot of time to crochet then you can always find these cuties on Etsy! There are countless amigurumi for sale there. Here are some I have found lately.



Just click the pictures and it will link you to the page where you can purchase them. Aren't they super duper kawaii??? My favorite is definitely the cupcake bear. Way too cute!

Happy Kawaii Monday!

Julia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...