Thursday, November 11, 2010

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday [3]

Its time for the weekly Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee and Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy For Books!





Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee

What is your usual monthly book budget?

Well being a teenager (who has no income.... I should probably get on that) I don't exactly have a lot of money to spend on books. So I normally just check out books from the Library. Now if I really love a book then I will buy it. Normally from a used book store or online for a discounted price. I am a real sucker for used book stores. But yeah even though I only buy books I absolutely adore I still have an overflowing book shelf. I just love too many books..... But to answer the question I guess I would say that I probably spend maybe $10 a month on books? Maybe? Really depends on how many times I visit a used bookstore that month.



Book Blogger Hop


The Book Blogger Hop is an opportunity to connect with other book bloggers, to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!  It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! Want to join the Hop? Head on over to Crazy For Books and start hopping!

Now last week those apart of the Book Blogger Hop were challenged to find ONE new-to-you blogger in the list of Hop participants to follow and comment on five different posts. I took the challenge and the blog that I found was A Readers Ramblings

I chose A Readers Ramblings because she is a new blogger and she is a teenager just like myself! I love to support other teen bloggers. I also noticed that we both read books in the same genres. I really enjoyed reading her posts this past week and I look forward to reading her blog more in the future!

These are links to the posts that I commented on:
Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 
Film Friday: The Hunger Games 
Review: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 

Now on to the Book Blogger Hop question of the week!


If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first book in the series?

Well I have to admit I'm quite a stickler for this rule. I don't think I've ever read a series out of order before..... No wait for The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley (great series by the way!) I read number 3 and then number 5 and I was super confused like "weird I thought so and so was dying and now they're fine? Oh well." And it wasn't until like months later that I realized I had skipped one. Kind of embarrassing..... Hehe. But don't worry I did go back and read the one I had skipped! :)

If you're a new follower be sure to post a link to your blog in the comments section. I would love to follow you back! 

 Julia :)

11 comments:

  1. Hopping through and following you now! I'm not a teenager, sadly (hehe), but as a college student my book budget is invisible. I'm lucky I get free books from websites I review for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julia,

    My advice: Avoid getting a job for as long as possible. The library works great for some good reads, esp if you have a good one near by.

    Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey , Im a new follower. I loved the book Impossible by Nancy Werlin
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through the Hop! I'm now a follower.
    I see you're reading Impossible--I love that book! :) Looking forward to your review!
    Haha, that's a funny story about The Sisters Grimm series...I've never read it, but that would be a bit confusing to have someone suddenly alive again. Just a bit. ;)

    read-a-holic-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopped in to say hi and am now a follower. Buying books can be really expensive, but the library is a great alternative. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a new follower!
    Enjoying your blog and the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I am a new book blogger at http://ivyreads.blogspot.com/ and a new follower!

    Same here! I cannot find myself to read a series out of order. You'll just confused and want to read the first book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog! I look forward to reading your reviews! Here's my blog if you'd like to check it out some time! :)

    Daisy Chain Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey =)

    I'm stopping by from the Book Blog Hop and I'm a new Follower!

    Your blog looks great! Im also a stickler for following series in order LOL

    Have a wonderful weekend & Happy Reading!

    Larissa
    Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just hopping through to say hello!
    Hope you have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from the hop.

    Never visited before...neat blog.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...