Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted over at Breaking The Spine. The purpose is to spotlight upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating!

Ever since I heard it was coming out I have been dying to read Sarah Dessen's new novel What Happened to Goodbye. It is set to release May 2011.


What Happened to Goodbye is about a high school senior who, after her parents’ divorce, has taken up the practice of assuming a new identity in each of the four towns she’s lived in. 

Now the summary isn't anything special. But everything Sarah Dessen writes is amazing. I have been longing to read a new Sarah Dessen novel for what? A year now? And sure I normally don't enjoy romance but Sarah Dessen doesn't write your average sappy love tale. Oh no. Everytime I read one of her books I learn some important lesson about life and friendship and I that is just awesome. There is always a lesson to be learned from a Sarah Dessen book. Yes it sounds a little cliche but its true nonetheless.

Julia :)

3 comments:

  1. I just read my first Sarah Dessen book last month. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

    - Violet @ The Eager Readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got started on Sarah Dessen and thought she was not so hot. I mean, her characters in This Lullaby and Truth About Forever seem to be girls who seem to be stumbling through life. In my humble opinion, Dessen is skilled at angsty teen novelling but can't create a character I want to be like. You know what I mean?

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...