Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cover Comparison [26]

This week's installment of Cover Comparison is all about Fury by Elizabeth Mills! I read this book last week and then stumbled across the UK cover while surfing the interwebs and I just knew I had to do a cover comparison for it. Especially since we all know how kickass awesome the original US cover is. Anyway, lets take a look at the two difference covers for Fury!

                                              US Cover                    UK Cover

US Cover: This cover is GORGEOUS. The red almost flame-like hair, the flowing font, all against a black background? So eye catching! I also love the way it gives off this sort of creepy vibe which is perfect since the story definitely has it's creepy moments.

UK Cover: I am just not feeling this cover. The color scheme is terrible (seriously? Red, black, and white?) and I don't know about anyone else but the image of the girl looks awkward to me. :/

So who wins: For me the clear winner is the US cover. It draws you in and is a great representation of the story itself. In fact part of the reason I read Fury was because the cover is so gorgeous! If I was living in the UK and saw Fury on the shelf there I don't think I would even have given it a second glance.

So which cover of Fury is YOUR favorite? Be sure to vote in the poll below and sound off in the comments about why you made your decision!




If you have any suggestions for future cover comparisons feel free to put them in this form.

Julia :)

7 comments:

  1. I didn't love the book (I didn't even finish it), but I definitely prefer the US cover!

    Chloe @ YA Booklover Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. the us cover is GORGEOUS! i have a thing for red-heads and the us just makes me want to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. US cover is better :) In Poland this book had the same cover :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with you Julia, the U.S. cover is so much prettier! Definitely makes me want to read the book and I'm totally jealous of her awesome hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my all time favorites, but I'll go with the UK cover, as im British and Its the cover on my shelf:) Hahah, amazing story! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like where the UK cover is going, but there is still way too much white for my tastes. To be honest, I think the girl on the US cover is a little awkward looking, but the red hair turning into flames is pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...