I guess a game of book blogger tag has been going around and guess what. I'VE BEEN TAGGED!!! I love these kinds of things because it's a great excuse to answer questions and talk about yourself. Is that a little too narcissistic of me? Probably.... >.<
A huge thanks to Katie at Call Me Crazy YA Reviews for tagging me!
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them
1. What is your favorite thing that you do on your blog? Reviews, Memes or a special Feature?
Hmmm this is a tough question. I guess right now I'm really loving the cover comparisons I post every week. It's always interesting to see how people feel about different book covers.
2. What is your go-to book for recommending?
Currently it's The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. My book recommendations normally vary depending on the person but those are 4 books I think EVERYONE should read and enjoy.
3. Who to you is the most swoon worthy character?
Gale Hawthorne hands down. In the words of Jackson Pearce: Knight, Cowboy, Badass. I don't know what more I could want in a guy. But just to be clear I'm talking about book Gale because Liam Hemsworth gives me the creeps.... >.<
4. How often to you go to the bookstore?
I would say nearly once a week and if not that then at least once every two weeks. I LOVE bookstores.
5. What's your favorite book-to-movie adaption?
The Lord of the Rings movies are the most epic book to movie adaptions EVER. That being said I think if The Hunger Games movie turns out to be as awesome as I think it's gonna be then that could very well end up tying for the top spot.
6. What are a few of your favorite YA Book Blogs?
Ohhh This is always a tricky question because I don't want to hurt people's feelings so instead of naming actual blogs I'll just say that the blogs I love to read the most are written by young people because I often relate to them better than the older/married sect.
7. Do you like stand alone books or books in a series more?
Haha this is a trick question. If you look at my favorite books then you would probably draw the conclusion that I love book series better. However there are times when I get frustrated from reading what I thought might be a stand alone only to discover it's the first in a "never ending" series. They each have their pros and cons so I really can't pick which I like more.
8. What was your favorite book when you were growing up?
I was quite the avid reader growing up so I had a lot of favorite books but I think the one I loved the most was The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner. I've read the first one probably about 5 times. It never fails to be awesome.
9. Paperback or Hardcover?
Confession: I have clammy hands. So when I read paperbacks the cover tends to do that unsightly bending thing and I hate that. Other than that I just love hardcovers and their slipcovers and how durable and beautiful they look and feel.
10. How do you keep your place in books? Dog ear, book mark, etc.
When I was younger I did the dog earring but fortunately I grew out of that. Now I use bookmarks or I memorize the page number.
11. If you could dress up as any literary character for Halloween, who would it be?
I dressed up as a hobbit before which was fun even though no one could tell what I was. Nowadays I would definitely want to dress up as Katniss. In fact I already have a costume to dress in for the midnight premier! I even got fake hair so I can give myself the braid. Yeah, I'm a total geek but oh well. I also think it would be fun to dress as Hermione or just be a Gryffindor student in general. A good excuse to wear my scarf and Harry Potter inspired nail polish! :P
1. If you could inject yourself into one literary world which world would it be and why?
2. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
3. What do you think of e-readers?
4. What is your favorite book genre and why?
5. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what book would it be? And no, you can't choose a book series. :P
6. If the Zombie Apocalypse were to hit what would be your weapon of choice?
7. What is your favorite book cover?
8. What is a book that has been sitting on your shelf just begging to be read the longest?
9. Who is your favorite book villain?
10. What is your favorite book quote?
11. Be honest: If you saw Edward Cullen sparkling in the sunlight what would you do?
Tag, you're it!
My Words Ate Me, iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books, Literary Exploration, Katie's Book Blog, Sophistikatied Reviews, holes In My brain, Books Over Boys, Recovering Potter Addict, Books of Amber, Booklopedia, and Ivy Reads!
I can't wait to read everyones answers!