Friday, August 19, 2011

Calling all French loving bloggers!


Are you a blogger who loves to read? Do you also happen to enjoy French culture (or just France in general)? Then you need to join in Beware of the Froggies French Literature reading challenge! You can read all about it and how you can join in the fun here.

I know I'm already swamped with reading challenges this year (I can finish all of them I swear!!! :P) but I couldn't resist adding this one to my list. I mean come on, who doesn't love France? And not only that but I'm already in the middle of Les Miserables and I need to have some sort of motivation to finish it. Have you seen how huge it is? It is a tome like no other.... >.<

I've decided to do the Alexandre Dumas level which means I'm aiming to read 3 French books though, if I'm being honest, I'll just be happy if I finish Les Miserables. Other books I'm wanting to possibly read are:

  • Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
  • The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux (ironically this is already on one of my reading challenge lists)
  • A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
If you're currently scratching your head thinking "Gosh. I don't know of any French books. There's no way I could do this challenge." then have no fear! The amazing ladies at Beware of the Froggies have already made up a list of some popular French novels to get you started! You can check that out here.

So now you have absolutely no more excuses for not taking part in this challenge. All who join up with me will get cookies!!!! *tosses cookies to blogging buddies* :D

Oh and be sure to show Beware of the Froggies some love! They're new to the blogosphere and I think its great that they're trying to bring about more awareness of French literature!!!

Julia :)

2 comments:

  1. Can I totally cheat and read THe LIttle Prince?? in FRENCH? That's gotta be like, quadruple points because I can't even understand it... Good luck! I don't think I can even complete the, like, 3 challenges I signed up for this year :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you, that's super nice of you !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...