Monday, August 1, 2011

Character Tweets from Solstice!



Today I've got some fun character tweets from the characters of P.J. Hoover's novel Solstice!

Solstice by P.J. Hoover: Characters That Tweet (very badly)

TIME: Before the first big storm

Chloe: @piper it's hot as hell out here
Piper: @chloe it's been hotter 
Chloe: @piper when?
Piper: @chloe maybe last week
Piper: @chloe wait, my mom just told me a heat bubble is coming
Chloe: @piper I told you it was hot
Piper: @chloe we should go inside
Chloe: @piper we'll be fine.

Time: During the ice storm

Piper: @shayne There's ice falling from the sky
Shayne: @piper that's hail.
Piper: @shayne what's hail?
Shayne: @piper hail. It's like frozen rain.
Piper: @shayne what if it hit someone over the head?
Shayne: @piper it would probably kill them. You should go inside.
Piper: @shayne but I want to watch the hail
Piper: @shayne oh, that hurt
Piper: @shayne won't the roads be slippery?
Shayne: @piper yes. People are going to die.

TIME: During hurricane

Chloe: @piper the wind is blowing
Piper: @chloe that's a hurricane
Chloe: @piper you're overreacting. There's no hurricane
Piper: @chloe half your roof just blew off.
Chloe: @piper I didn't notice
Piper: @chloe that's because you're flipped out crazy. You stuck nails in all the mirrors.
Chloe: @piper I got distracted
Piper: @chloe you got delusional
Chloe: @piper you're just jealous
Piper: @chloe of...
Chloe: @piper Reese. Shayne. You name it. You've always been jealous of me.

TIME: Before the electrical storm

Reese: @piper have you missed me?
Piper: @reese I haven't thought about you at all
Reese: @piper why do you keep sniffing the air?
Piper: @reese I'm not sniffing the air
Reese: @piper I see you. I hear you. You are sniffing the air.
Piper: @reese maybe in your dreams
Reese: @piper maybe you should stop fighting your feelings. I have been waiting for you a long time.

TIME: During electrical storm

Piper: @chloe wait. Don't go too close to the edge
Chloe: @piper you know I was supposed to die
Piper: @chloe no you weren't. Just step back. Please?





P.J. Hoover first fell in love with Greek mythology in sixth grade thanks to the book Mythology by Edith Hamilton. After a fifteen year bout as an electrical engineer designing computer chips for a living, P.J. decided to take her own stab at mythology and started writing books for kids and teens. P.J. is also a member of the Texas Sweethearts & Scoundrels. When not writing, P.J. spends time with her hunsband and two kids and enjoys practicing Kung Fu, solving Rubik's cubes, and watching Star Trek. Her first novel for teens, Solstice, takes place in a Global Warming future and explores the parallel world of mythology beside our own. Her middle grade fantasy novels, The Emerald Tablet, The Navel of the world, and The Necropolis, chronicle the adventures of a boy who discovers he's part of two feuding worlds hidden beneath the sea.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...