Sunday, August 28, 2011

In My Mailbox Vlog [20]


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted over at the lovely blog The Story Siren. The point is to blog about books that you have somehow procured during the week!

I haven't done an IMM in FOREVER. Mostly its because I was in California all summer. Now that I am back I was able to film a vlog and go through all my new books! Unfortunately this vlog is super duper long. I blame it on the fact that I had like a bajillion books to go through..... So if you want to see me embarrass myself, talk about how a book cover reminds me of mormons, and watch as I do an impression of my mother (a poor one at that) and talk about her hilarious obsession with Josh Hutcherson/Peeta Mellark then view on! Otherwise, just scroll to the bottom for the list of bookish goodness. Though I would HIGHLY recommend that you at least skip ahead to around 15:30 when I start talking about the whole mom/Josh Hutcherson thing. Its hilarious. XD




Won
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter Audiobook (Thanks Donna @ Bites!)
Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos
Forgotten by Cat Patrick plus Digital Photo Keychain
Divergent by Veronica Roth plus Tattoos (for a giveaway next month! Be on the lookout!)

Gifted
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss
Hunger Games Movie Poster (MY LIBRARIANS ARE THE BESTEST!!!!!)

Bought
Peak by Roland Smith
More Life-Size Zoo by Teruyuki Komiya
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Delirium by Lauren Oliver (ITS SO SHINY!)
Entertainment Weekly Men of the Hunger Games Edition

Library
First Day on Earth by Cecil Castellucci
The Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall
Dark Water by Laura McNeal
Plague by Michael Grant
Sharks and Boys by Kristen Tracy
What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
Clarity by Kim Harrington
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (FAIL! I've already read this. >.<)
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Hate List by Jennifer Brown
A Father's Love: One Man's Unrelenting Battle to Bring His Abducted Son Home by David Goldman
As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis Devoto

What did you guys get in your mailbox this week?

Julia :)

10 comments:

  1. LOL this vlog is awesome! I actually laughed when you talked about the british punctuation thing. and I am SO WITH YOU on Josh Hutcherson! i've always been a fan, lolol him and his muscles xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for Alaska is a great read. Hope you enjoy.

    Our IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing books!

    I had hope that one of my Borders would stay open too because two of them closed before the last one did. :( Boo!!

    I want to buy Delirium's special edition cover one. I have the regular one and right now at Borders, they're the old cover. :(

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a massively awesome book week you just had!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blood Red Road was pretty epic. I'm sure you'll love it. Delirium is on my wishlist. Enjoy, Julia :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, your mailbox is really huge but it makes sense if it's two months worth of stuff. You won a bunch of stuff too. I'm ashamed to say since I have a copy and it's in my tbr pile but thanks for showing Forgotten without the cover flap. You're right, it looks awesome! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, huge haul! So many good books---Forgotten and Wither were both amazing, and I loved Clarity, too. Hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely loved Looking for Alaska, so I hope you enjoy it too! And what a huge amount of books you got - I'm jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, your mom has to do a video review of THG movie when it releases. That'll be hilarious!
    I'm drooling for that poster!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice set of books this week. I really want to read Wither
    Happy reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...