Thursday, December 2, 2010

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday [6]

Its time for the weekly Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy For Books and Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee


Book Blogger Hop


The Book Blogger Hop is an opportunity to connect with other book bloggers, to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!  It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! Want to join the Hop? Head on over to Crazy For Books and start hopping!

What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?

Well I haven't really been in the blogosphere long enough for there to be a lot of hyped about books. Just Matched, which I thoroughly enjoyed so yeah can't say this has happened to me yet. If and when this does happen I wouldn't feel to bad about my review being negative. Everyone has their own opinion about things. I would just state mine in a polite way and say why I did not enjoy it. Sometimes things that work for one person just don't work for another and I think that is totally okay!




Follow Friday is an opportunity to discover and follow other book related blogs! Want to join? Check it out at Parajunkee

What do you do besides reading/review as a hobby?

I do musical theatre! I LOVE singing and acting! Dancing is okay too but not my strongest point. Haha. I also do a lot of volunteer work. I volunteer at the Library and I'm a ZooTeen at the Phoenix Zoo. I spend practically every Saturday at the Zoo! I love the Zoo. Its such an awesome place!

If you're a new follower be sure to comment on this post so I can follow you back!

Julia :)

23 comments:

  1. So you're pretty artistic! That's really cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new follower.
    I've only been to the Zoo, I think, maybe one time..in the second grade class field trip. I should proabably go more, shouldn't I?
    From what I can remember I liked the zoo a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Phoenix girl!!! I grew up in Phoenix. I'm going to be there on Saturday actually. I volunteered at my library when I was a teen.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following through Follow friday! Return the favor?

    http://moonlightgleam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually really wanting to read Matched, but it seemed like before it even came out everyone already was raving about it... makes me want to wait awhile until the heat dies down.

    Now following your blog :)
    In The Next Room

    ReplyDelete
  6. Musical Theatre sounds like great fun!!!!!!!!

    Hopping by to day HI, new follower here
    Come say hi any time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you can't go wrong with honesty and tact :) And zoos are AWESOME!

    Happy book blogger hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Old follower here. oooo I used to be a musical theater major (last year). I changed after freshman year, but it will always be apart of me and I will always love it.
    Hope you have a great weekend :)
    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I hope you're having a good Friday/weekend. I just found you through the blog hop, and I'm definitely following you for more, because your posts are awesome and your blog design is amazing.

    Happy weekend.
    Tina @ Book Couture

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Just stopping by for FF. I'm an old follower. Singing and dancing, eh? I admire anyone who can do that! Public speaking is one of my biggest fears so hats off to you!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads (Twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julia!

    I'm also half Chinese! Haha! Sorry about my reaction, I just feel glad to have found another half Chinese blogger :P Do you, by any chance, know how to speak Chinese? Me, I don't know how. Haha!

    Hmm.. what else? I wish I had the talent to sing and dance well... but I don't! So I don't do public performances and exhibitions of my singing and dancing... but I do like singing and dancing when I'm alone :P And oh, I've been to a zoo only once in my life :P But given the chance, I'd like to visit it more often :D That's all!

    I'm a new follower! Visit my blog when you have the time!

    Gilliene @ <a href="http://eepgeek.blogspot.com>Eep! Geek!</a>

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked doing theatre too! Only doing set and make up, not the acting part. I'm a new follower! My Hop is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea for theater! I could never sing, but I loved to act! Great answers on both!

    Happy Hop and New Follow! Please stop if you get the chance!

    -Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree - what works for one person, doesn't work for everyone. I just post my honest opinion and move on to the next book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Julia, thanks for hopping by my blog and I feel the same way about reviews. Gotta be polite. :-) maybe because i'm a writer, and writers hate bad reviews. lol. still, there's always a polite way of saying things, and there's always something good to say about a book, even if you didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay musical theatre! And also yay for newish bloggers (I'm one too) and yay for Matched, which I thought was amazing.
    I'm a new follower!
    ~Becky
    bookwormboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like your blog! I am a new follower! Looking forward to more reviews. :D

    Happy Reading,
    Zakiya @ Butterfly Feet Walking on Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. New follower

    http://bacaan-ally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stopping back again....Happy Hopping.

    Stop by my blog to see my answer to what book I thought wasn't worth all the hype.

    silversolara AT gmail DOT com

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reviews should remain honest regardless of what is written and how it sounds like and this just shows that loving or liking a book really depends on a person preference and type. that's why we have a wider range of genres and authors to choose from.

    Dropping by via the hop. I would love to see you over at Clandestine Sanctuary and read my answer to this question. I am an old follower.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, just hopping through. I'm a new follower! =]
    I hate acting, I'm just so rubbish at it. It's so embarrassing... Ha. I wish I could sing though. That would be awesome... :L

    Have a great weekend!
    Bella
    www.cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. great blog! Stopping by with the hop, new follower, please return the favor!

    http://theburstingbookshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...