Friday, December 31, 2010

Favorite Reads of 2010




The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
How did I not hear about this series until this year?!?!?! I don’t know but better late than never I guess. I love this series SO MUCH! Best ever. Enough said.







All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab
This book is AWESOME. It’s a mystery and I totally didn’t see the ending coming. The story was also told in dual narration, which I absolutely love. And it kept jumping from past events to present events as more and more of the mystery was revealed. If you haven’t picked this one up yet you should! I don’t think its gotten half the recognition it deserves.






The Heist Society by Ally Carter
I love anything by Ally Carter but I think The Heist Society is my favorite of her books. Teenagers + Insane heist job = Awesomeness. The sequel Uncommon Criminals is coming out  in late June and I can hardly wait!







Papertowns by John Green
It took me 2 months and about a million trips to the Library to finally decide to pick this one up. I’m definitely glad I did because I ended up LOVING this book. John Green is now one of my favorite authors.







The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner
I really like this series so far! The plot has had lots of crazy surprises and I can’t wait to see what happens in the final installment The Death Cure. Unfortunately that doesn’t come out until October. The wait is killing me!







Delirium by Lauren Oliver
This book isn't released until February 1st but I was lucky enough to get a digital copy from NetGalley. I. Loved. This. Book. I'm buying it as soon as it comes out so I can read it again. Its changed my whole outlook on love and life. Lauren Oliver is genius.





Ellen Hopkins
I discovered Ellen Hopkins this year and I love everything she has written. The poetry format is what really drew me to her books. My particular favorites of hers are Tricks and Impulse. I can't wait to read more stuff by her!





So those were my favorites of 2010. I can't wait to see what 2011 brings!

Julia :)

5 comments:

  1. Great list! I enjoyed a majority of the books you listed. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Delirium now and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all awesome books! I haven't read about half, but all of those are on my TBR list for sure :D

    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Unquiet Things and The Maze Runner are both on my TBR. I've heard good things about MR, but I wasn't sure at all about All Unquiet Things. Thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read 1 of these! I guess I better get cracking...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...